Life Reflection: I Remember…

The Question is why do our paths change  in life?
I remember when I was young. I used to be very carefree. I wanted to live my life peacefully without disturbance.
I remember that the only thing that could give me joy and peace were drawing and painting. I hated reading books and was indifferent about schooling.
Visual Art
I remember whenever anyone asked me what I wanted to do with my life when I am older, I would gladly and proudly tell them “I want to be an Artist (Visual). I carried this notion throughout secondary (high) school also.


I remember that as a young girl, I would dream of traveling round the world, making friends, living a free-willed life and having the best time of my life and never come back to Nigeria, I finally traveled abroad. However, within two weeks of traveling, I started begging my father to let me come back home for holiday (what and irony).

I remember that had the opportunity to go for an international visual art competition when I was in SS2. However, I couldn’t go because I had to write GCE  in preparation for my forth-coming WASSCE (West African Secondary School Certificate Examination) in SS3 (so that I would not mess up) lol.
However, 11 years down the line, I have metamorphosed, changed career interest from law, to communications to international development. I summary, I have a bachelor’s degree in Communications and a master’s degree in International relations and Development Studies and now work with  a communications company in Nigeria.
The question is “What changed along the line? Is it my interests or view about life?
Once a while, I reflect over my life and try to visualize how my life would have turned out if I had become a visual artist. Would I have been happy, sad or living a better part of my life? Please share your experiences and reflections over your lives ( with pictures if possible) and let us evaluate how it has turned out. Is it for better or worse?

Comments

  1. Hmmmnnn. Funny enough, I always thought I was going to be a doctor, but always win art and painting competitions but ended up being really great in I.T. Nice reflection time Kenny.Thumbs up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I always thought I would be visual artists too. But time makes whole lot f difference in our lives

      Delete
  2. Nice piece, Kenny. I consider writing an art, I may be wrong. You are still an artist. You write a lot. Maybe you could write something that others could develop into something (more) visual. I am an accountant. I always knew that I would be an accountant. And I know that I will always be in the fields of Finance, Investment and Financial Management.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Olubunmi. Do you mean I could write pictorial stories (sories with pictures?

      Delete
    2. kehinde olabanji29 April 2015 at 01:00

      Kenny oooo. well don't know, i try to think about it to dou. started as a fashion person, studied Human Resource Management Bsc and Msc and now i still have my fashion company and still work with a multinational and still in the Hr Dept.
      Am grateful where i am now and thankful where am going
      Guess i thank God for it all

      Delete
  3. Ajibade Adedadyo29 April 2015 at 01:54

    Kudos to u my sister, this is just d beginning of ur career, u're going to a level that is beyond human imagination. I will advice u to add more feathers, dont think that u av arrived, u're just started and this is the right time for you to think BIG dream BIG and put GOD first in all ur endeavors.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Benefits of Olive Oil on our Skin

Value of Almond Nuts